Equality and Diversity Policy
The Kettering & District Photographic Society is dedicated to encouraging a supportive and inclusive culture.
It is within our best interest to promote diversity and eliminate discrimination in the society.
Our aim is to ensure that all members are given equal opportunity and that our organisation is representative of all sections of society. Each member will be respected and valued and able to give their best as a result.
This policy reinforces our commitment to providing equality and fairness to all in our society and not provide less favourable facilities or treatment on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, or sex and sexual orientation. We are opposed to all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All members will be treated fairly and with respect.
All members will be given help and encouragement to develop their full potential and utilise their unique talents.
The Kettering & District Photographic Society is committed:
- To create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all team members are recognised and valued.
- To create a society that promotes dignity and respect for every employee.
- To not tolerate any form of intimidation, bullying, or harassment, failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in removal from the organisation.
- To make training available to all members.
- To promote equality in the society, which The Kettering & District Photographic Society believes is good management practice.
- To encourage anyone who feels they have been subject to discrimination to raise their concerns so we can
apply corrective measures.
- To encourage members to treat everyone with dignity and respect.
Our policy will be monitored and reviewed annually to ensure that equality and diversity is continually promoted in the society.