Safeguarding / child protection policy statement
The Kettering & District Photographic Society acknowledges the duty of care to safeguard and promote the welfare of children and is committed to ensuring safeguarding practice reflects statutory responsibilities, government guidance and complies with best practice and requirements.
The policy recognises that the welfare and interests of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, ability or disability, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, socio-economic background, all children
- have a positive and enjoyable experience of the activities at The Kettering & District Photographic Society in a safe and child centred environment
- are protected from abuse whilst participating in the activities at The Kettering & District Photographic Society or outside of the activity.
The Kettering & District Photographic Society acknowledges that some children, including disabled children and young people or those from ethnic minority communities, can be particularly vulnerable to abuse and we accept the responsibility to take reasonable and appropriate steps to ensure their welfare.
As part of our safeguarding policy The Kettering & District Photographic Society will
- promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents/concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual/s who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored
- ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in The Kettering & District Photographic Society. Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in removal from the organisation.
The policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- as required by the Local Safeguarding Children Board, Photographic Alliance of Great Britain, or Midland Counties Photographic Association
- as a result of any other significant change or event.